If you are here that means you are facing issue in OST to PST conversion and looking forward to a solution that will tell How to convert OST to PST in Outlook. So, let’s start as we all aware that Outlook is one of the most common desktop email clients, and present high safety & easy interface. .ost &.pst are two file extension where outlook store all the data with the local machine.
Hence both OST and PST files offer specific functions, seldom users face a standoff when it comes to OST files. They cannot obtain their mailbox information in the case of non-availability of Exchange Server. So below, I will discuss the possible ways to convert Outlook OST to PST manually or using a software. But before that, you should know why this conversion is required.
Why Is OST To PST Conversion Needed?
Some of the main causes why users need to convert OST to PST include:
- Exchange server crash.
- Accidental deletion of Exchange Server account.
- Data Migration.
- Exchange server maintenance.
- Rebuild OST file.
Above I have mentioned some reasons because of why it is required to perform OST to PST conversion. Now we will discuss some methods to perform the conversion.
Learn Different Methods How to Convert OST to PST in Outlook
There are three different ways to migrate the Outlook OST file data into PST format.
- Import and Export Wizard
- Archive OST to PST
- The OST to PST Converter Tool
Method 1: Import-Export Wizard
- Open the Outlook and go to the File option in the top right corner. After that tick to Open & Export and choose the Import/Export option.
- Choose the Export to a file>> Next from the pop-up screen.
- Now select Outlook Data File (.pst)>> Next. Check on include subfolders option>> Next from pop up screen.
- A new window will open and browse the location to store the PST file. At the end click on the end button.
Method 2: Archive OST to PST process
- Install the configured Outlook and open the OST, you want to import into OST.
- Then go to the File menu>> info and mailbox cleanup then choose the Archive.
- Now check on the “Archive this folder and all subfolders” and choose the date in the Archive items older than an option. Once it has done browse the location to store the Archive PST file on the device. At the end click on Ok.
When the process gets ends, your Outlook OST file successfully stored in PST file format.
Note: There are some condition where the above manual process will not work.
- Outlook doesn’t install on the device.
- The Exchange Server is offline.
- When Outlook is not linked to the Exchange Server.
- The outlook is not working properly, etc.
Method 3: Automated Solution
As we all know that manual solution are not secure in case of bulk conversion and even not secure for non-technical background users. So to overcome these problems try an expert solution from SysinfoTools. Some crucial features of the tool are given below.
- Allow users to Store Exchange OST file to Outlook PST, MSG, DBX, EML, MBOX & Archive.
- Offers Date Range Filter, Naming and Preview option.
- Run corrupted or damaged Exchange OST files.
- Free demo version of the tool is available.
Above we have mentioned manual and expert solution that will tell users how to convert OST to PST in outlook. Now it is upto you whichever solution suits try that one. Hope the article helps you out.