This article contains the exact solution through which you can understand how to migrate from Zimbra to Exchange Server 2016. You will know the extraction process of TGZ files from the Zimbra application. Then the process to convert TGZ files into PST format so that all files can be transferred to the Exchange account.
In the process to know how to migrate from Zimbra to Exchange Server 2016 first you have to understand the procedure to save Zimbra data into your local hard drive in TGZ file format.
- Open your Zimbra application and then go with Import/Export option which is appeared in the Preferences section.
- Now through the help of advance option, you have to select those items which you want to save on your hard drive.
- After that browse that path of your computer system where all files will be saved.
After this process, you will get your Zimbra data into the TGZ format on your desktop. Now you have to change TGZ files into Outlook PST format files through the utilization of Zimbra to PST Converter tool which has the ability to convert unlimited TGZ data.
Convert TGZ to PST to Know How to Migrate from Zimbra to Exchange Server 2016
With the help of Zimbra to PST Converter software, you can perform this conversion process without any technical assistance.
- Download Zimbra to PST Converter on your desktop.
- Now go for the Select Files option which provides you two options through the first one you can Select Files which are required and through the second option you can Select Folder which contains all TGZ files.
- After loading of TGZ files, it provides the Preview section from where you can deselect those items which are not required for the further process.
- Now, through the utilization of Output Export Type select the required output option that is PST.
- Hit on the Export button and wait for the completion of the conversion process.
You can perform this conversion process on any Windows Operating System as it can work with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, and all other Windows OS. It can maintain the folder structure so that all users can understand the complete converted files. It allows you to select the path where all files will be saved after the conversion process.
Upload PST Files into Exchange Server Account
After the above process, you need to know the procedure through which you can perform the uploading process of PST format files into the Exchange Server account. This process can be done through the help of the Power-Shell command which is offered by Exchange Server. After that, this shows you option that is Import PST files through which it allows you to save all PST files into your Exchange Server account. Through this process, you can easily understand how to migrate from Zimbra to Exchange Server 2016. This process helps you to transfer data from Zimbra to Exchange Server.
With the above discussion you can understand the three processes first to save data from Zimbra account on the local hard drive in TGZ format, then process all TGZ items and convert them into PST file and at last import command for PST files so that all PST files will be transferred into the Exchange Server account.