Keto diet consists of proteins, high fat, and very low carb, it replaces the consumption of carbohydrate with fat. This reduction process of carbs in the body called ketosis. It reduces the weight and insulin level in your body. Moreover, the ketogenic diet is the favorite diet for athletes and bodybuilders. Keto diet also helps in controlling epilepsy in children. A high intake of protein helps in digesting easily.
What you can eat during your Keto diet?
Keto diet suggested by many nutritionists with full of high-fat, protein, and low carb diet to reduce weight and brings high energy level in your body. Various types of healthy foods should be intake during keto diet for quick weight loss diet.
- Low Carb-Vegetables
- Meat and Eggs
- Coconut and Olive Oil
- Nuts and Seeds
- Butter and Cream
- Shirataki Noodles
- Unsweetened Tea and Coffee
- Cocoa Powder and Dark Chocolate
With these food items, you will follow your diet plan and achieve your motive of Keto diet.
How you can start a Keto diet?
The process to start a keto diet or low carbohydrate in very easy, but before starting of ketogenic diet you need to consult a doctor or a certified nutritionist.
- Set limit of carbohydrate
- Use a high-fat diet
- Drink more water
- Keep up with electrolytes
- Eat only when you are craving for food
- Exercise regularly
- Eat whole foods
These are some of the do’s while you are on the keto diet, it gives you results effectively and speedily.
How many types of Keto diets are available?
Ketogenic diet pursue by people for several reasons. It is very difficult to follow the keto diet, but we make it simple to follow. A ketogenic diet is sub-categorized into four types.
- Standard Ketogenic Diet- It applies to all your meals i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. It consists of 75% fat, approximately 20% of protein, and up to 10% of carbs. Meals like butter, fish, ghee, meats, and olive oil. You will consume 150gm of fat and 90gm of protein including your three meals.
- Targeted Keto Diet- This type of keto diet is taken mostly by athletes and active individuals. They consume 70-80 grams of carb and 20-30 grams of protein in a day. Their meals include dairy products, fruits, grain-based foods, and nutritious foods.
- Cyclical Keto Diet- As you understand by the name, five days in a week keto diet is followed by individual and remaining days normal controlled diet consumed by them. During keto diet 75% fat, 5-10% carbs, and 15-20% of protein. In normal days 50% carbs and 25% each for protein and fat.
- High-Protein Keto Diet- This type of diet is easy to follow with high protein foods. High consumption of protein causes loss of weight. In this, you need to consume 130gm of fat and 120gm of protein.
Is the ketogenic diet is safe for your health?
This is a very much conflicted question, many experts say that it is safe for the persons who have overweight. Some doctors and nutritionist says it is not good for your health because it decreases the level of carbohydrate in your body.
But if you intake the diet with the suggestion of doctors in proper quantity, then it will not create a problem for your health. You can follow a keto diet for a short period, but it is not preferable for the long-term.
What are the foods you need to avoid for loose weight during keto diet?
While sticking to a ketogenic diet for losing your weight, you need to away from some foods for better results.
- Low fats diet
- Sugary food
- Legumes and beans
- Sauces or condiments
Beyond this many other food items are also prohibited in the Keto diet plan for weight loss.
What are the advantages of a ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet contains numerous benefits that help in maintaining your body fit, fine, and active.
- Controls Blood Sugar
- Reduce Appetite
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Improves Digestive System
- Weight Loss
- Boost Energy Level
- Skin Improvement
Out of these some other major benefits related to health issues
- Reduce chances of heart attack
- Helps in the treatment of various types of Cancer
- Reduction in epilepsy
- Improves symptoms in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Helps in recovery from brain injuries
But you need to follow the diet with strictness under the supervision of doctors to reduce the chances of side-effects.
How much time required for the effectiveness of the keto diet?
It depends on your need and the prescribed by the doctors or nutritionists. The minimum period for a keto diet is three months and it extends up to one year. The first 2-6 weeks are the adaption phase for the user.