Before discussing How to repair corrupt OST file, let’s know in a brief about the OST file.
OST File is also known as Offline Storage Tables. The OST file will allow the users to work even in offline mode. It also works in situations when the application is not connected with the email server. OST file performs various functions like reading the existing mail, for instance, saving draft, new mailing, and many more. When it’s connected with the internet the OST files get configure automatically. Apart from this, there are chances of OST file corruption. The OST files get corrupt due to many circumstances. With the help of the OST File Recovery Tool, one can easily repair corrupt OST file. But before repair Outlook data file (.ost), let’s know why do OST file gets corrupt. We also initiate the manual method to repair OST file.
Reasons for OST File Corruption
There are many reasons due to which there is a requirement to recover corrupt Outlook data file. Some are given below:
- Problems with the Storage Device.
- Interruption due to Network Connectors.
- When there are bad sectors in the hard drive.
- Due to sudden power.
- Improper closing of the application.
- Attack by any virus.
These are the reason by which anyone needs an OST recovery to get rid of the corruption. Now initiate the methods to recover OST file from corruption.
The solution to Repair Corrupt OST File - Manually
You can repair Outlook data file (.ost) with which are Outlook’s in-built tools and features.
Solution#1: Repair OST File with Scanost.exe
To recover OST file follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, close the Outlook utility if running.
- Now, locate sacnost.exe - Drive/Program Files/Mirosoft Office/Office_version location.
- Double click on scanost.exe.
- Select a profile according to the Outlook setting. Choose the profile that contains the corrupted OST file.
- Now, click on connect.
- Next, you can select all the OST folders for scanning provided on the list. If you want to repair the error while scanning then choose the Repair Errors checkbox. (Deselecting the checkbox, the tool will do the scan log but doesn’t repair it).
- Click on Begin Scan.
- The scanning will of OST files will start, wait for the completion.
- To see the scan log, launch the Outlook utility, and then go to Deleted Item Folder, click on the OST integrity check.
Outlook keep asking to repair OST file, you can use the next solution to end this.
Solution#2: Repair Corrupt OST File with Scanpst.exe
Before start, the repairing process first locates the OST file. After locating the OST file, now open the scan pst.exe and follow the steps:
- Firstly, rub the Scanpst.exe
- Then, in the MS Outlook Inbox Repair Tool windows which pop up, hit on Browse and provide the location of the OST file which is to be repair
- Click Start to begin the scanning process.
- After the completion of scanning, ensure that you have selected the backup option, then click on Repair.
- Now, the repair is completed successfully. An alert wizard will appear, click on OK.
- If the Scanpst.exe can repair the OST file, it will ask you to recreate the OST file. In that case, you have to recreate the OST file in Outlook.
These are the manual solutions for How to repair OST file in Outlook 2007 and its other variants. But what if none of the solutions can’t do OST recovery.
What if the Above Doesn’t Repair Corrupt OST Files?
In some cases, the above methods don’t work. For instance, if the OST file contains offline items that aren’t with the server. Then, recreating the OST file (that requires file deletion) is not an option. To keep the data of the OST file safe, you can use a third-party tool such as Sys Info Tools OST File Recovery Tool.
This is the perfect and the quickest way to recover OST file corruption and error like Outlook OST file cannot be opened windows 10. Thi tool will recover corrupt Outlook data files without crucial steps. It can save your repaired OST files in different file formats like PST, MSG, EML, and MBOX. It also recovers the Outlook mail items such as distribution group, email, contacts, task, calendar, etc. It comes with an advanced algorithm. Also, have a user-friendly GUI.
OST files are important as users can use them in the Offline mode. In this blog, we have drive different solution to repair corrupt OST files. We discuss the manual solution for OST recovery from corruption. But in some circumstances, it doesn’t work and there are also chances of data loss. To repair Outlook data file (.ost) safely you can use the OST File Recovery Tool. It tends to recover corrupt Outlook data files with easy steps.