Every Windows Outlook users face this type of problem where they need to import multiple Outlook MSG emails in Outlook, but they don’t know how to import MSG into Outlook. So in the section below, we will learn about different methods to transfer MSG to Outlook email client application.
MSG is a single email message file. It contains information about the message like sender, recipient, date, subject and the body of a message, including the custom format and hyperlinks.
Reasons to Import MSG Files in Microsoft Outlook
The main reason for moving MSG files to Outlook is that in the case of huge amount of MSG files, there is a high probability of error during their management. Therefore, it is advisable to import email messages. Several MSG files can become the reason behind your important data loss. The user is reducing the headache by binding multiple MSG files in one.
Manual Methods to Import MSG into Outlook
There are two manual ways in which the users can transfer MSG emails in Outlook. Follow the steps below to perform this task.
Method 1: Drag and Drop
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and create a new folder within the Inbox folders or as per your necessity.
- After this, rename the newly made folder. Now, drag all the MSG files one by one, which was saved in the local drive to the recently created folder to import MSG files in Microsoft Outlook.
- Afterwards, when all the MSG files are imported, users can easily open and read the MSG emails with the help of Outlook application
- By doing this, users can easily view the MSG emails with all the attributes like contents, attachments and so on.
Method 2: Copy and Paste
This is a simplest method and you just need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the location where you have saved your MSG files and copy all the files.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and simply paste the copied files in any desired folder of Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Approaches
The aforesaid methods can be performed easily but when the MSG files are less in number. This method is a big failure when the user has multiple MSG files as these approaches cannot import MSG files into Outlook in batch. It will become annoying for any user even thinking about it. This monotonous task has to be performed each time you have to transfer MSG emails in Outlook.
Professional Solution to Import MSG into Outlook
If you are looking for a solution to import multiple MSG files in Outlook at once, you must try SysTools MSG to PST Converter Tool. This will let you import MSG Files in Microsoft Outlook in bulk mode without changing original formatting of email messages.This utility ensures that there will be no data loss and complete data integrity will be maintained. It allows you to convert MSG to PST file format so that you can easily import MSG files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other below versions.
Steps to Import MSG Files in Microsoft Outlook
Step 1. Download and Launch SysTools MSG to PST Converter Tool.
Step 2. From the Explorer Window, users can effortlessly locate the MSG files. Once, the file is uploaded you can preview it on the “Normal Mail View” tab with different options like Hexadecimal code, Properties View, etc.
Step 3. One can convert MSG to PST file by selecting them in bulk. After selecting the emails, right-click on that & select Export. As an alternative, you can select Folders also.
Step 4. Then, Export Options will be shown. You can also split the PST files and lastly, select the location to save the file by clicking on Browse.
Step 5. After this, click on Export. Progress will be displayed to you. Save the Export Report.
Step 6. In order to import MSG files into Outlook, Firstly, open Outlook then click on File Menu.
After that, Open >> Outlook Data File >> Select the File to view.
Features of the MSG to Outlook PST Converter Tool
1. This tool is efficient enough to convert multiple MSG files to a single PST File. It also gives you the scope to split the resultant PST into smaller parts.
2. Easy and user friendly interface allows non-technical users to easily use it.
3. There is no 2 GB file size restriction. It generates a UNICODE PST file.
4. This software can be installed easily on latest Windows versions. No outlook installation is required to convert MSG to PST.
5. Gives you the option to auto detect the files and hence making the process fast.
In the above article we have discussed the manual as well as the professional method to import MSG into Outlook. If you are looking for importing multiple MSG files to Outlook then, opt for the professional approach as it comes with the bulk feature.