The outlook is one such desktop-based email application being used by many Windows as well as Mac users. Outlook provides different folders to store and manage bulk emails, contacts, tasks, etc. However, sometimes users might face multiple issues such as system crashes, slows down performance or even leads to corruption because of duplicate PST files. This will also affect the performance of the Outlook and becomes quite irritating to work with duplicate emails. So, what should we do to overcome these constraints? Therefore, in this post, we will discuss how these duplicate emails are generated on how to remove duplicate emails from Outlook manually.
Why Remove Duplicate Emails from Outlook ?
There are many reasons due to which, duplicate copies of emails may occur in Microsoft Outlook. Here are some of the factors that compel us to remove duplicate emails from Outlook PST file. Let’s see what they are:
- Due to multiple copies of the email, several companies send the same messages, blogs, newsletters, etc., consistently for gaining user attention.
- When the synchronization process continues through a phone or laptop, then many times the process needs to be done as a result of duplication.
- In many cases, the option to leave a message is active, which results in undesirable duplicate emails on the mailbox.
- A corrupt or damaged message on a server creates a duplicate copy of emails during send/receive.
- Wrong account setup, improperly merged multiple files that may result in duplication.
Workarounds to Remove Outlook Duplicates
To minimize efforts in deleting the emails one by one thus, users can switch to these tricks to keep their Outlook up-to-date. Below are the techniques used by the user to overcome duplicate of emails:
Manual Tips to Remove Duplicate Emails from Outlook 2016
Solution: Changing Account Settings
While configuring the same account more than once, Outlook creates duplicate PST files. Therefore, users can use the below steps to remove this issue:
- Open MS Outlook from the installed location
- Now, go to File option and click on Info button and select Account Settings
- In the Account Setting Wizard, search the configured account from the Mail tab
- Check, if the same account is being configured multiple times. If it so, then delete the extra account by selecting the mail account and hit on remove option.
- Finally, click on the close button if the duplicate account is removed from MS Outlook
Follow the all above manual steps and easily remove duplicate emails from Outlook PST file.
What to Do If Manual Methods Are Not Helping?
There are certain scenarios where manual methods are not enough to delete the duplicate items from your MS Outlook mailbox. For instance, if you have duplicates in bulk, like 10k emails, then manual methods won’t be able to remove them all quickly. You are going to need a third-party tool like Shoviv Outlook Duplicate Remover tool.
Why choose Shoviv Outlook duplicate remover software because of it is reliable, quickly deletes duplicate items in bulk. The software can remove duplicates from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. Also, no data is lost while removing the duplicates with Outlook duplicate items remover tool.
Duplicate emails create a lot of trouble to people while they are working on Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, in this post, we have discussed several reasons to remove duplicate emails from Outlook archive. Also, we have covered different techniques by which users can remove same emails without putting much effort. These measures are most relevant and efficient, on which one can easily rely.