The famous Konkan Coast starts at theMaharashtra and extends up to Karnataka. The konkan coast has given Maharashtra with many scenic and clean beaches. These beach destinations at Maharashtra are filled with many exciting water sports, shows, locals markets and street foods. There are even many luxury resorts available near the beaches to have an amazing experience of the nature at its habitat. It’s an ideal location to have a perfect vacation with family and friends.
The top 5 Beaches to Visit in Maharashtra are:
- Ganapatipule Beach – The beach is situated at the Konkan Coast which is at a distance of 375 km from Mumbai. The beach has clean water with white sand stretch. There are many shacks along the shoreline for a perfect nightlife and sea food. The shoreline of the beach is filled with many beautiful shells of different sizes and has a famous Ganapathi temple nearby. This temple is popularly known as the Pashchim Dvarpalak, which means the guard of the western end. You can also watch the snails and crabs along the shore and venture all the water spotrs, horse rides and camel rides.
- Tarkarli beach – This beach is popularly known as the queen of beaches in Sindhudurg. It is located at a distance of 8 Km away from the Malvan town. This is a place where the Arabian Sea and the Karli River meet. The beach has clean water with green shoreline and palm trees. There are many must visit historical and pilgrim spots like Sindhudurg Fort, Dhamapur Dam, Malvan Marine Sanctuary and Shree Shivchhatrapati Temple near the Tarkarli beach. Tarkarli is famous for scuba diving. The other prominent water activities here are Snorkeling, Banana and Bumper Ride, Kayaking and Parasailing. You can also go for a House Boats ride and go for Dolphin Safari.
- Kashid beach – It is situated at the coast of Arabian Sea which is just at a distance of 125 km away from the Mumbai city. This beach is about 3km length and has a diverse landscape of sandy shoreline with trees, plants, cliffs and rocks. It is perfect place for all the nature lovers and it is apt for a calm, private and relaxed holiday. There are few shops, street foods, parking facility and two caves located at the shoreline of kashid beach. Bumper ride, banana rides, jet skies, parasailing, boating and Scuba diving are the famous water sports here.
- Alibaug beach – This beach is situated at the coast of the Arabian Sea at Maharashtra, which is at a distance of about 96 km from the Mumbai city. It is about 2km from the main spot of the city Alibaug and easily accessible by the public transports. The Alibaug beach is about 4km long and has a black sandy coastline with many small rocks. The Kolaba Fort is located near the shoreline of this beach. This beach is also famous for camping along the shoreline and party the entire night in an open door experience with cool breeze and bonfire. The famous water sports at this beach include Jet skiing, Banana boat ride, ATV sand bike ride and Zorbing.
- Harihareshwar beach – This is one of the prominent beaches of Maharashtra, situated at a distance of 200 km away from the Mumbai City. The beach stretches about 2.4 km long and has clean water and sandy shoreline with rocks. There is a famous temple located at the shoreline of this beach for Lord Shiva known as the Kalbhairav Shiva temple. There is rocky cliff next to the temple called as pradakshina marg. You can watch crabs along the shore line of this beach and there is a dolphin watching ride too. There are many local markets and street foods availed near this beach that serves yummy and hot sea foods like fishes and prawns. This beach is also an ideal destination for all the adventure seekers with many water activities like paragliding and water surfing. The other activities like swimming, boat rides, beach walking and beach volleyball are also famous here.