Too much of yoga or any other physical workout is unsafe and distressing for the body. To avoid the same, here are certain tips and precautions you can follow.
Practicing yoga is all about procuring physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Hence, getting your mind, body, and soul into it is a holistic discipline. And, the best way to obey this discipline is to practice enough and be consistent.
Some yoga practitioner often cross the line of their body limits to attain well-being and eventually hurt themselves. They need to understand that yoga is all about endless knowledge and practice that can't be learned in a week. It takes years to study and dig deep into its secrets.
But there are certain tips that you can use while doing yoga that will help you in achieving the desired results.
- Learn yoga from a qualified as well as an experienced yoga teacher. For example, a yoga teacher in Rishikesh can guide you about techniques, help you in your personal practice, modify the poses as per your body’s requirement and much more.
- Make sure you practice yoga in empty stomach. Therefore, practicing yoga in the morning is considered best for health. If it isn’t reasonable for you to have an early morning yoga session; make sure you don't eat for 2-3 hours prior to the yoga session.
- Before you start your yoga session practice a few warmup exercises. These exercises will help you loosen up and prepare your body for the workout. Also, they provide mobility to perform yoga poses with perfection.
- While doing yoga you stretch and push your body to the max. Hence, wearing comfortable yoga pants and vests is important. The easier you are dressed, the easier it is to stretch your body.
- Yes, you must challenge yourself while on the mat but the unnecessary strain is also unhealthy for the body. Initiate the session with easy yoga poses and then eventually add challenging poses to the routine.
- Savasana (The Corpse Pose) is one of the most underrated poses that people actually tend to avoid. After a good yoga workout, you must lie down as it helps you channelize the energy that is gained from the workout.
Adhering to these tips won't be enough, here are a few precautions that will help you have quality and safe yoga workout:
- Keep yourself hydrated: Practicing yoga or challenging yourself with a yoga pose may cause cramps. The best way to avoid them is to hydrate yourself prior to the workout. You may gulp two glasses of lukewarm water. You may also have a bath before and after the yoga session. It will give you a soothing effect.
- Always use a yoga mat: Whether you are practicing yoga at home, in yoga studio or anywhere else, make sure to use your yoga mat. Never ever practice yoga on the floor or any of the hard surfaces. The mats act as an insulator between the earth and your body.
- Be aware of your body: You must listen to your body when you are on the yoga mat. If you are uncomfortable while doing a pose then don't do it. Share it with your yoga teacher, he/she will help you or may modify the pose as per your body’s requirement.
- Share with the yoga teacher: If you are suffering from any chronic pain or you are pregnant, share it with your yoga teacher. By doing this you will help the yoga teacher as performing the pose may get trouble for you.
- Don’t be ambitious: Yoga is never a competition. Therefore, you don’t have to perform better than anyone else but yourself. You are your only competition during a yoga session; focus on your strengths and stay positive.
These are just a few general tips and precautions you can follow while doing yoga. For authentic and traditional tips and precautions on yoga poses you may contact yoga teacher in Rishikesh.