Spondylolisthesis refers to the condition that affects your spinal bones or lower vertebrae. because of this condition, one in all the lower vertebrae overlaps the bone directly beneath it. Though its a painful condition, it will definitely be treated with each surgical and therapeutic strategies.
As explained by Dr. Harpreet Singh, people with dislocation usually realize it tough to perform routine activities. They sometimes encounter symptoms such as- persistent pain within the pelvic region, lower back; stiffness within the legs, hamstrings and hip muscles.
What causes spondylolisthesis?
The causes of spondylolisthesis will vary with lifestyle, heredity, and age.
- Youngsters could develop this condition because of an injury or birth defect. nonetheless, individuals belonging to any or all age teams are prone to dislocation if the condition is genetic.
- Over exercise or strenuous physical activities will cause dislocation as a result of overstretching and carrying significant weight or strain puts an excessive amount of stress on the lower back.
- Participating in sports like football, gymnastics, weightlifting is possible to trigger spondylolisthesis.
Spondylolisthesis can even be triggered because of spondylosis. The vertebrae safeguard the spinal cord and work with tendons, ligaments, joints, and muscles to produce flexibility, structure and support to the neck. Any type of harm or wear and tear within the protecting cartilage and bones within the neck will cause cervical spondylosis, that successively ends up in spondylolisthesis.
What is the treatment for spondylolisthesis?
Treatment of spondylolisthesis depends on the severity of the pain. whereas non-surgical strategies facilitate ease the pain, surgery is usually recommended once the bone has slipped to such an extent that your spine doesn’t respond to medications.
Non-surgical treatment includes the following-
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication like Advil to ease the pain.
- Practicing many physiotherapy exercises to scale back lower back pain.
- Use of minimally invasive Epidural Steroid Injections (EPIs) to urge relief from lower back pain and girdle pain caused by inflamed spinal nerves.
Once over-the-counter medications fail to treat it. Spondylolysthesishe condition or ease the symptoms, then surgery is inevitable.
it's a surgical procedure that creates tiny incisions to get rid of a section of the broken disc to alleviate pressure from the encircling spinal cord or nerve root.
This refers to a minimally invasive procedure that removes a section of the lamina that is the side of the vertebra. This method is used to make extra space at intervals the spinal canal.
With this methodology, excess bone tissues are removed so they don’t build the foramen narrow and compress the nerve root. Removing these additional tissues reduce back pain and ease symptoms triggered by nerve compression.
Medical attention is crucial for countering symptoms of dislocation. though this condition might not appear life-threatening, if left untreated, it will cause chronic, persistent pain and permanent nerve damage.