Still looking for a solution to merge two or multiple PST files into a single file? Then, this blog will help you out and provide the easy and step by step method to merge PST files Outlook 2013 and remove duplicate emails and contacts. Here we are going to discuss manual as well as the professional tool to join or combine PST files Outlook 2013. At the end of the blog, you can pick out one of the solutions that meet all your needs. Let's begin...
Microsoft Outlook is known as the best desktop-based email client application and used all around the world. Outlook helps users to send/receive emails and store its all data in PST file (Personal Storage Folder). While upgrading old version to new Outlook version, users export their all data in PST file and as a result, they have huge PST files. Several PST files are difficult to handle and slow down the performance of Outlook. Thus, Merge Outlook PST files into one file is the best solution to get rid of all the problems.
Know the Benefits to Combine Multiple PST Files Into One
The main benefits and advantages to merge PST files Outlook 2013 into 1 file are as follows:-
- Huge PST files can slow down the performance and speed of MS Outlook while single PST file easy to open and close without disturbing Outlook performance.
- When a user needs to share data with someone, multiple PST file is a difficult task to share one by one. So it is better to combine them into 1 PST file and share easily.
- Users can easily access and manage multiple Outlook accounts PST files into one place by merging them into a single file.
- A large number of Outlook PST data files can be misplaced anywhere and created problem while opening PST files.
- One PST file can be easily imported in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all other versions.
Free Manual Trick to Merge PST Files Outlook 2013
Before going to the steps, let we clear that Outlook does not provide any option or feature to combine multiple PST files into one. However, some indirect methods are available that helps to accomplish this task. Follow the below steps to start the process:-
Step 1: Create PST File in Outlook 2013
1. Select Home tab >> New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File.
2. Enter a File Name.
3. To add a password, select the Add Optional Password option.
4. Click OK and type a password in both the Password and Verify Password text boxes and again click OK.
Note-If you set a password on your PST file, you must enter it every time that the PST data file is opened.
Step 2: Import PST Files into Newly Created PST File in Outlook 2013
1. Click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
2. Select Import from another program or file option from Import and Export Wizard.
3. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
4. Browse to select PST file to import and choose “do not import duplicates” options. This helps to combine or remove duplicate emails in Outlook 2013 after that click Next.
5. Select the folder to import from and check the Include Subfolders option.
6. Next, check “Import items into the same folder in” option and click Finish.
Note- You need to repeat the same steps to import all PST files into a newly created PST file.
What are the Disadvantages of Manual Way to Merge Outlook Data Files 2013?
There is no doubt that the manual process is completely free and preferable if you have four to five PST files. As we saw in the process above, we only import one PST at a time into Outlook. Therefore, this method will take a lot of time and requires technical expertise. To merge multiple PST files into one immediately, you can try the alternate solution.
Professional Software to Merge PST Files Outlook 2013
If you are looking for the instant fix to combine multiple PST files into one file without duplicates, you must download SysTools PST Merge Software. This is one of the best and reliable solution to merge Outlook data files 2013 in just a few minutes. The tool helps you to combine Outlook inboxes, contacts, calendars, and other data items. Using this software, you are able to merge Outlook archives, active, password protected PST files, ANSI and UNICODE PST files. It is also able to merge folders in Outlook 2013 without duplicates.
4 Steps to Merge PST Files in Outlook 2013 Using PST Merger Tool
Step 1. Launch the software and add PST files or folder.
Step 2. Choose Options: Join, Merge or Merge Outlook Contacts.
Step 3. Check the Remove Duplicates checkbox to remove duplicate emails and contacts in Outlook 2013.
Step 4. Browse to select desired folder location to save merged PST file and Click Merge PST Files button.
When the task is complete, simply check the merged Outlook PST file from the selected location.
Now, I think all your doubts are clear after reading this blog related to merge PST files Outlook 2013. Here, we discussed the manual method that helps to merge 2 PST files into one and then we introduced the expert software which can easily combine PST files Outlook 2013 and other versions into one file.
Below are the few queries that are successfully resolved in this blog.
- How to Merge PST Files Free?
- How Do I Combine Or Remove Duplicate Emails in Outlook 2013?
- Can we Merge Outlook Contacts without duplicates?
- How to Create PST File in Outlook 2013?
- How to Add / Import PST File in Outlook 2013?
- Can we Merge Folders in Outlook?