- Please give details about your initial education and forming years of life
Presently, I am a student of class 5, studying in Prudence School, New Delhi.
- How did you get interested in literature? What inspired you to write?
I am not sure, how it began. I use to finish my school work very fast and would then start writing on bits of paper, loose sheets and in diary. Once my mom asked me to write about 'my most unforgettable moment'. I wrote about my late grandmother. After reading it, my parents, immediate family members, got very emotional. That's how I think my potential was realized by my mom. She encouraged me to write more and meanwhile got to know about this platform 'StoryMirror'. First time when I posted my story on StoryMirror, and the first 'Like' I got from someone unknown to me, acted as a catalyst. Since then, there has been no stopping.
- What difficulties did you have to face with respect to literary work?
I keep writing because I love writing. I have not faced any problem except asking for votes.
- What is your view about the present day literary work?
I like literature because it gives me ideas, increases my vocabulary, makes me more sensitive. Everytime I read a new story, there is a new reality to discover. I love reading fiction like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Roald Dahl series, Geronimo Stilton etc. The joy of reading these works is immense, as it takes me to an entirely different world of pleasure and fantasy.
- Do you think that the emergence of digital and social media has given a new opportunity to creative writers?
Yes, because through digital and social media, the reach to read has increased immensely.
- Please tell us something about your literary work
I like writing and reading about crime, different people, places and also about fiction.
- What was your first literary work and how was it published?
My poems have been published in 'Hindustan Times' newspaper. My first poem which was published in the newspaper was 'Thank You'. I was appreciated by my teachers, classmates and my parents.
- How many ways literature can contribute to society in future?
It is a very strong medium, through which views of people, emerging issues of the society, entertainment for everyone and intellect/passion of the writers can be beautifully expressed and penned.
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years in the literary world?
I see myself in the hearts of my friends, peers, teachers and everyone else in the school and place where I live. Five years from now, I will be in class Xth, and I would then like people following my poems, favorite poets endorsing them and also have more ways and platforms to express my views.
- What ways would you suggest to build a community for poets?
Digital media is a good way to interact and share the work. Also various institutions should come forward and recognize poems as a strong medium of expression.
- What message would you like to give to aspiring new writers?
Do what you Love and Love what you Do.
- How was your experience of writing on StoryMirror?
It was very inspiring, great learning and a very good platform to channelize and express my views through story/ poems. I felt very motivated every time my poem got selected by StoryMirror.
- Would you like to say something about StoryMirror?
StoryMirror is a very strong, motivating channel to bring out the creative skill of budding writers. For me, I also liked reading other stories/ poems posted on StoryMirror. It was a good way to interact and know about others and their beautiful work.
Here is the link to read my content https://storymirror.com/profile/kytwvmko/agrata-verma/stories