Many of us get rejected from companies/universities even though we have the necessary skills required to get in. For all those who are wondering why this happens, let me tell you a secret. The interview matters more than you think. You resume may unleash your tangible accomplishments but the interview unleashes the behavioral aspect of it. Here are some tips that will help you crack your interview:
1. Dress appropriately: Wear a formal shirt and formal pants to any interview. Make sure you give a stunning first impression with your looks and decency.
2. Always greet!: Greet the interviewer/s with a smile- 'Good Morning' or 'Good Afternoon'. "Thank you' while leaving. Be very polite when you are answering questions. Use words such as 'Sir' and 'Ma'am'.
3. Tell me about yourself: Answer this question wisely. Tell the interviewer your name and the details of your qualifications and accomplishments in just three or four sentences.
4. Why should we hire you?: This is the most important part of the interview. Here, you should tell them what sets you apart from the hundreds of other applicants. Talk about the skills you possess and what makes you an ideal candidate for the job/college.
5. Follow all the suggestions given above:)
Best of luck for your next interview!:)