When choosing warm clothing for your pet dog, wool is a fantastic insulator and gives a lot of warmth. However, it may need to be washed by hand. Wool may also cause itching in particular dog breeds. The most suitable fabric is soft and easy to clean and dry quickly while still being gentle on your pet's skin. When buying a dog sweater:
- Measure the diameter of your dog's neck and chest.
- Measure as well as the length of your dog's body from the neck to the waist.
- Take into consideration your pet's weight and ensure that the sweater is comfortable and not too tight. The clothing should barely cover the dog's abdomen, leaving its backside exposed.
- Your dog's neck and leg openings should not restrict its mobility.
- Avoid those with zippers, hooks, buttons, or other decorations as much as possible since they pose a choking danger.
- Check that the sweater is easy to wear and take off.
- Ensure as well that the fabric contains natural and chemical-free materials.
Your veterinarian Cincinnati, OH is a valuable resource when it comes to your pet’s health and needs.