Dubai is one of the most stunning countries in the world. We have seen this land change since time immemorial, and now the beauty of this land has reached its peak. The UAE's most attractive travel destination, Dubai, has plenty of eye-catching sights and beautiful beaches, not to mention the skyscraper infrastructure. Dubai's world-class infrastructure is attractive not only to tourists but also to business people as it offers a rich culture, high standard of living, growing GDP, tax-free environment and flexible business opportunities. These make Dubai one of the best places in the world to start a business.
Opportunities in the construction business in Dubai
Construction companies in UAE have the highest turnover. Dubai is home to the tallest building in the world, the Burj-al-Khalifa, and the tallest residential building in the world, Marina 101. There are also the Princess Tower and the Burj-al-Arab, which are some of the most notable structures in Dubai .
The Dubai government has approved $ 7.8 billion for the expansion of Dubai International Airport and a $ 6.8 billion renovation project for Abu Dhabi International Airport. Not to forget that Dubai will host the 2020 World's Fair, which offers numerous opportunities in the construction sector.
The Dubai government has invested heavily in developing the travel and tourism sector. The promotional activities for the world's first artificial island, i.e. the Palm Jumeirah, increasing daily. There are also other projects in progress such as the Dubailand, the Arab Channel and others.
Procedure to start a construction business in Dubai
1. Before starting a business in Dubai, the first thing you need to do is determine whether you intend to set up a company on the mainland or to set up a company in the Free Zone.
2. The next step would be to begin the process of company registration with the Department of Economic Development (DED). The construction business falls under the category of the commercial sector for which a trading license is required. This license is an official permit to set up a business in Dubai.
3. After obtaining a commercial license to start a business in Dubai, the next step would be to hire professionals such as engineers and business consultants in Dubai to apply for "Building Permits" on your behalf.
4. Assessing the soil for construction and determining the properties of the soil will be the job of professionals, which is the next important step.
5. Other activities include obtaining a "building permit" from the Dubai City Council for the Mainland Company. In the case of a free trade area, it is referred to as a G + 1 permit. There are other licenses that can be obtained, such as the environmental license and the civil work permit.
Required permits and permits for a construction business in Dubai
- A building permit, which also includes work prior to the construction of foundations
- For a building permit, the building contractor must submit the construction drawings of the proposed building to the competent authority.
- A permit from the Roads and Transport Authority for access to the road and internal road network for transport purposes
- Approval from the competent authority is required for the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Approvals from government agencies in Dubai related to utilities such as a permit from the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) for water, electricity and sewage and a permit from the Etisalat for telecommunications
- Dubai Civil Defense (DCD) NOC for Dubai Airports Company and other related government agencies
- A building completion certificate that allows the building to be occupied
The construction sector in Dubai is booming and is expected to reach new heights in the next 3-4 years. We saw why Dubai serves as potentially the best market for the construction business. A country with so much potential for just one sector of its market is absolutely remarkable. If you are in the construction business or planning to start your business in Dubai,