Are you wondering how to export G Suite emails to MBOX format? If so, read this article once and of course, you will get the answer.
In this era, change is taking place very quickly and technology is no exception. Based on simplicity and requirements, everyone uses the technology they need. Just like Google Apps is essential for small businesses. It enables an organization to manage everything over the cloud and provides a platform for easy collaboration. However, Google is not responsible for the data in case any outage, ransomware attack or human mistakes lead to data loss. Also, losing data over the cloud that very well lead to permanent data loss. Hence, backing them up is important.
It is not easy to extract messages from G Suite user accounts and save them into Local storage. Users can use Google Takeout to download emails for individual accounts on the desktop in MBOX format. However, it can only save the data from one email account. So the IT admin will need to perform the process again and again for each file. Therefore, it is best to use an alternative solution to export G Suite emails directly to the MBOX format without losing any messages.
To make this possible, users can try an expert solution called SysTools G Suite Backup Tool. This is an automated software that simplifies backing up Google Apps email accounts to MBOX data files. In addition, there are various other important features that make it the perfect tool for anyone who wants to export G Suite emails to MBOX files.
Why use G Suite backup software?
From the beginning, our goal was to export G Suite emails to MBOX data files and the tool can be used for the same process safely, intelligently and efficiently. In fact, the utility is suitable for G Suite administrators and individual users. It also ensures the security of sensitive data throughout the conversion process. More importantly, there are some other powerful features.
- Multiple export options
Downloading emails to MBOX, EML, PST and MSG is an excellent feature of the software that deserves user attention. In addition, all formats are compatible with the most popular email clients such as Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook. So, using the same utility, users will get various file formats.
- Smart "Remove after download" option
The software introduces the "Delete after download" option. When this feature is enabled (disabled by default), it will automatically delete emails from G Suite mailbox folders and save them in MBOX. This option is very convenient, especially when you download G Suite data from the cloud to the desktop to free up space in the cloud.
Steps to export G Suite emails to MBOX
To start the process, first install the demo or full version of the Google Apps backup software. After successfully installing the software, follow the steps below;
Note: If you download the free version, you can only save the first 100 emails in the MBOX data file.
- Open the tool and click "Backup" as shown in the video.
- Now you need to select Single User or Domain User to continue the process. Here we choose the "Domain user" option.
- Now enter the email address of the G Suite administrator in the "Administrator user ID" box. Also, upload a CSV file with all the mailbox details for which the emails will be exported. Then, click Register.
- All Google Apps mailboxes will be displayed on the software interface. Click on Next.
- Select the radio button labeled MBOX. If you want to use a date filter, select the Add range option. This feature allows you to export only a specific range of emails from the desktop. Also, check the E-mail box.
- Click Browse to provide a safe place to save the generated MBOX data files. Then, click "Start" to actually start the process.
- The complete status of the process in real-time will be displayed on the software interface.
Put them all together
Keeping regular backup of G Suite data in case of emergencies is a necessary step. However, the selection of a process that can perform loss-free backup can become an issue. Therefore, in this article, we define a method that makes it easy to export G Suite emails to MBOX. If you are concerned about data security and full email conversion during migration, the G Suite backup tool is the most suitable option.