Rooftops get little respect. When was the last time somebody commended you on how terrific your roof looked? When you think about repairing your home to a popular and trending style, is your roof the first thing that comes to your mind? With these roof ideas for your roof repair in Toronto, it will become the feature of your home.
Here are five smart roof ideas that you surely need to consider:
Sunlight based or Solar Shingles
The first of our rooftop ideas is to install sunlight based or solar shingles. You've seen the sunlight based boards or solar panels, about the size of a ping-pong table, mounted on roofs in all parts of the nation. They catch sunlight and transform it into energy. Since they replace most or the entirety of the non-renewable energy sources that once gave your home's heat and energy, these solar roof racks are eco-friendly and, on the other side, huge money savers. All Roofing Toronto is the best and reliable roofing company in Toronto that provides these shingles at low prices.
Now, tiles that are made of tempered glass are replacing those cumbersome-looking racks. They seem like shingles, install like shingles, but give all of the energy-saving features of the traditional solar panels. They come in a variety of colours and styles that match your current shingles, or you can pick to replace your old rooftop totally. After installation, the shingles are connected to your home's electrical system.
In addition to lowering your electric bills, the solar shingles can provide tax credit and give your house a higher value on resale.
Flat roofs were well known and popular during the advanced plan period—around the 1950s. During that period, clean lines were in favour. Today, these roofs are starting to see a rebirth in popularity.
The flat roof comes in three forms:
Developed Roof: Commonly called "tar and rock" roofs, they consist of at least three handles of water-proof material alternated with tar and ballasted with a layer of smooth stones.
- Modified Bitumen: This is a single-ply rolled roof impregnated with a mineral-based surface that reflects the heat and helps cut energy bills.
- Elastic Membrane: Durable elastic material is built to resist harm from sunlight, scrapes, and tears.
Another most famous roof idea is to pick metal. Metal rooftops are attractive and practical. They are an eye-catching addition to your home and they last around 3-7 times longer than a rooftop built using regular asphalt shingles, which equates to more than fifty years. Metal rooftops reflect the sun's radiant heat, saving money on air conditioning costs.
- Installing solar shingles probably won't fit into your budget, and growing a green roof may not be useful, yet in case you're searching for different ways to replace your old roof with one that is eco-friendly, here are some other roof ideas:
- Recycled Shingles: Producers make these shingles from recycled waste materials, for example, plastic, rubber, or wood fibre. They are solid and attractive, some even carrying fire evaluations that could bring down your insurance rates.
- Metal Roofing: Many of the metal roofing products already include some reused material. The greater environmental advantage, however, is that you can reuse the whole roof at the end of its life.
- Rubber Roofing: Reinforced elastic or rubber shingles are produced using old steel-belted radial tires. Ground slate covers them for texture and they come in a variety of colors with a 50-year warranty.
Green Roof Ideas
Presently there is another trend in roofing that breaks up the tedium of the conventional surfaces. It's durable, reduces energy costs, and absorbs stormwater. It's known as a green roof. For the homeowner, green roofs provide natural protection that reduces energy costs.
Where To Get These Roof Repair Services in Toronto
If you're looking for the best roofing contractors in the Toronto area, then there is no better place than All Roofing Toronto. All Roofing Toronto is one of the best Toronto Roofers that provide affordable repair services.