There are two most popular E-mails clients are available including Lotus Notes and the other one is MS Outlook. These E-mail clients are designed for handling the messaging and collaborate with company members and consumers. Both Lotus Notes and MS Outlook have their own features to make a secure and safe conversation. But recently in the market, the MS Outlook wins the race and it becomes the best in their field through its high performance. Lotus Notes is good but the user doesn't get the expected result from it.
Lotus Notes has some limitations in comparison to MS Outlook. So the consumers are want to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook to get more features and power to make secure transactions of database and information.
How to Manually Import Lotus Notes to Outlook PST?
To import the lotus Notes database from the NSF file to PST Outlook with the free method or manually users have to follow two simple procedures.
First Process to Export Lotus Notes Database
- Start Lotus Notes Program
- Click File > Open > Louts Notes Application.
- After this, an Open Application window will appear on your screen. Now select the required NSF file that you want to move in outlook.
- Now on the File menu click "Export"
- On the Export window user have to enter the required field like Filename, File Location, and select File Saving Type as CSV (Comma Separated Value).
- Now a CSV Export window will open on your Screen select required options and simply hit on the "OK" button.
Second Process to Import CSV to Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook.
- Click On File option, then Open & Export, and then click on Import/Export.
- Now an Import and Export Wizard window will appear on your screen, select the "Import from another program and file" option and click on "Next"
- On the Import a file window choose the file type as CSV(Comma Separated Values) and again hit on Next.
- After that browse the location of stored CSV file and select it
- Now select any Outlook folder where you want to store your CSV file data again click Next.
- Simply start the CSV Export process.
After completing this task you will easily transfer the database of Lotus Notes NSF file to your Outlook account without spending money and without using any third-party tool.
Free Automated Solution to Import Lotus Notes into Outlook PST
The tool which can be helpful to all users to convert NSF to PST Outlook file format without making any alteration to the internal data is eSoftTools NSF file Converter Software. All you have to do is to install this tool and then select the .nsf file from the local system. You will be able to see the preview of the entire mailbox in an understandable and descriptive layout. Just choose the items and click on convert option from the menu bar. A list of different file formats such as EML, EMLX, HTML, MSG, PST, etc will appear for migration.
Well in case, you are worried about Lotus Notes migration to Outlook then follow the following steps to convert NSF to PST file type.
- Download and install eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Tool.
- Open the tool and browse for the desired .nsf file from the system.
- A preview of the mailbox is shown on the screen.
- Choose the file components which are needed.
- Then choose the file conversion type as PST and proceed with the “Convert” button.
A free demo version is also offered to all users with support to all editions of Lotus Notes and Outlook.
After checking the entire process of importing Lotus Notes database items from the NSF file to PST through the Manual and Automated program we can see the result. The manual method is able to perform the conversion but it has sometimes it creates data loss issues and it is a little bit risky for a non-technical person or a very time taking process. So getting a third party software like eSoftTools NSF Conversion Tool can be a perfect choice for all types of users.