Paddleboards are a wonderful way to spend time with kids outside. There are unending benefits of engaging in this activity. This outdoor adventure is beneficial for their health and helps contribute to their all-round development to adulthood.
It enhances their power, and the ability to get stabilized. It helps develop confidence and connects them to nature at an early age. Above all, the quality time you spend with them strengthens the ties. The article gives you tips to teach the kids to do paddleboarding in the right way.
Benefits of Paddle Boarding
Paddleboarding with children offers various advantages:
- Works the muscles of your entire body that includes head, core, toe, etc. It helps enhance attention, balance, focus, etc. needed for developing the brain. It releases endorphins in the body that produces calmness in the mind.
- This activity strengthens the growing body. It improves core strength, improves reflex, balance, and coordination development in the body.
- Surfing offers a brilliant opportunity for social engagement. It helps make new friends who share a similar interest. It teaches patience to a person.
- These activities offer the perfect opportunity for family bonding.
- By performing this outdoor activity, children get adequate sunshine that helps the body. It also improves muscle tone and reduces screen time.
- It improves the cognitive functioning of the body. This includes improved mood, less depression, reduced anxiety, improved focus, memory capacity, and more.
The EZ Shopper is a leading company that offers a wide range of standing desks in high-quality finishes. Their paddle boards for children feature thoroughly tested specialized components to ensure the best level of experience. If 10 or 11 foot boards are too large for children, remember you can buy paddle boards of different sizes at EZ Shopper.
Steps To Teach the Right Way to Paddle Board
- Make children comfortable with the water
Teach them swimming and safe practices both inside and outside the water. Parents who have children below five years old should make them sit on the paddleboard. For children who are five years or above, should learn the right way to paddleboard alone. Ensure that you use the correct size of the board.
- Teach them safety practices
- Tell your kid never swim alone
- Always wear a life jacket while swimming
- Tell your children to keep you aware of the place where they are going for outdoor activities
- Choose to paddleboard in calm waters
When you are with children, ensure that you perform the activity in a calm body of water. Avoid surf breaks and rivers. Calm water makes it easier for the little ones to balance them while standing or sitting.
- Teach them safe methods to fall and get back up on the paddleboard
When your children get older than five years, you should teach them to fall and getting back on the paddleboard. It will protect them from any injury by falling on their hand and spraining their wrist. Similarly, you should teach them how to again get back on the board. It needs practice to become perfect in these steps.
Paddleboarding is one of the best exercises that offer a wide range of physical and mental benefits. It improves core stability and body balance in a person. Engaging in this activity also helps reduce stress and anxiety in the body. With these tips, paddle boarding with children becomes a more entertaining and enjoyable experience.