Our everyday lives brims with events that elevate our stress and anxiety. It only makes going to sleep tougher than ever before. Counting sheep and tossing and turning alone cannot only put you on a peaceful night of sleep. There are so many among us who never experience proper rest, which significantly affects productivity and health. Lack of sleep tends to make individuals exhausted and frustrated throughout the day. It distorts your focus and leaves you on edge. Today more and more people are resorting to sleeping aids such as through medication to restore their natural sleeping patterns. But truth be told, there are some simple remedies you can follow at home that will enhance your sleep quality over time. Here are six such efficient methods you can use to get back on track on your sleep cycle.
1. Yoga and Meditation:
Relaxing your mind and body is the best way to achieve quality sleep. The stress and pressure from our lifestyle tend to interrupt the natural sleep cycle of our bodies. These conditions cause an imbalance of hormones and other chemicals that leads to a lack of sleep. Meditation aims to bring focus to the body and mind and ensure you calm you feel calm and completely in control of your senses. It converges the energy in your body to focus on one thought that helps relax your brain from processing loads of information all day. Meditation can be an efficient way to put your mind at peace and achieve good sleep. Yoga also has powerful benefits when it comes to relaxing your body. Various asanas performed during yoga redirect energy and initiate the secretion of chemicals in the body that helps balance stress and enables you to feel calm. Breathing related exercises during yoga can help you achieve amazing benefits as it helps improve your quality of sleep.
2. Cannabis: Cannabis is the latest revolution in the medical industry that promises several health benefits. Cannabis users have always known the relaxing properties it is capable of. The plant consists of cannabinoids and terpenes that blend to create a soothing and calming effect on the body and brain. Certain strains of THC dominant varieties are extremely effective to put you to sleep. The THC binds with the CB receptors of the endocannabinoid system that triggers chemicals in the body. It causes the body and mind to relax, and you can enjoy a good night’s sleep following the same. Choose strains that have relaxing properties and pick the method of consumption wisely.
You can also explore options such as CBD oil, which have no psychoactive property but can effectively reduce stress and calm your mind. You can utilize CBD oil for vaping or choose cannabis consumables to restore your sleep cycle. Instead of going for the regular sleeping pills that have its adverse effects, you can choose to go for the safer options of CBD pills to help you sleep better. Cannabis also helps eliminate the causes of insomnia, such as anxiety, PTSD, ADHD. It reduces your REM sleep duration and eliminates dreams, thus giving you the chance to enjoy a long and deep sleep. Interestingly, one can also grow cannabis plants in the comfort of their home. You can check out these top quality seeds which are pretty much the best cannabis seeds ever, in our opinion.
3. Aromatherapy and Tea: The soothing flavors of lavender have impeccable effects on the body. The oil emits chemicals that have a relaxing property on the body that makes you feel lightheaded and cozy. An analysis from 2011 suggests that aromatherapy could be an effective way of assisting you to proper sleep. Lavender aromatherapy has been used by folks for a while now. You can utilize the benefits of lavender essential oil at home to receive these benefits. Add two drops of lavender essential oil to a piece of cloth or to your pillowcase. Slowly breathe in the aroma to soothe your body. You can alternatively add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a warm bath. Like Lavender, Chamomile also has incredible benefits when it comes to altering your sleep patterns. Chamomile oil can be useful for aromatherapy, or you can choose chamomile tea. This herb helps in relieving muscle cramps, improves your digestive health, and induces sleep. Apart from this, you can also try ylang ylang essential oil for aromatherapy or choose hops, passionflower tea to bid adieu to insomnia.
4. Food Therapy: What you eat influences your health. Our evolving food habits lead us to intake several ingredients that interfere with our regular sleep cycle. For example, consuming excess caffeine, sugar, alcohol can become the cause of insomnia. There are many hidden sources of these ingredients in simple things we consume every day that pile up to ruin your health. Try to reduce the quantity of these ingredients for better health and wellness. Several food items have properties that aid in treating your insomnia.
Carbohydrate-rich snacks such as from multi-grains can be effective to put you to sleep. Other foods to include in your diet are bananas, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, fresh fruits, and greens. Try to include a portion of dry fruits and nuts in your diet during the day, as it helps sleep well. An important mineral to include in your diet is magnesium. Deficiency of magnesium in the body could cause irritability, anxiety, sleeplessness, restlessness, muscle cramps, and pain. Consume magnesium-rich foods such as whole grains, cashews, almonds, vegetables, and wheat bran to keep the mineral at the right levels. You can also take help from magnesium capsules to compensate for the required levels in the body. You can also get the best out of your food by infusing it with Cannabis, just adding cannabis concentrates in your food can immensely improve your sleep quality.
5. Massage: A study in 2015 shows that massage can benefit people suffering from sleep conditions and enable them to fall asleep. Pain, anxiety, stress are some of the most common causes of sleeplessness. These conditions cause discomfort in the individual that leaves them feeling restless and sleepless all night. Massage helps relieve pain, anxiety, and various other problems that can help you enjoy a proper sleep at night. You can practice simple self-massaging techniques at home or approach professional massage for the best benefits.
6. Organize a bedtime routine: If you tend to fall asleep while binge-watching or browsing on your phone, then it is time to bid goodbye to both. Having a proper night routine helps improve the quality of sleep. Start by going to bed at a decent hour. Ensure the room temperature, and light conditions are relaxing and comfortable. Close your eyes and relax your mind and body. You can listen to soothing music if you like. You can also make a routine of reading before going to sleep, which can be healthy.
A good night’s sleep prepares you to take the day ahead. With these simple steps, you can repair your sleep cycle and enjoy proper sleep every day.