Transferring Emails from an email client into Outlook should be an easy task, right? After all, MS Outlook is the most popular email client at the moment. It must have inbuilt options to import files. Especially MBOX files, which are the most common database files for email storage.
Sadly, the truth is far from it…
It does not matter if you are trying to
- convert MBOX to PST
- migrate Thunderbird to Outlook
- transfer Apple Mail to Outlook
- or import any other MBOX data into MS Outlook,
the import/export functionality of Outlook does not support MBOX files at all. In addition, not even the MBOX email clients have an option to export data in Outlook supported PST format.
How Exactly Can we Achieve Conversion of MBOX Files to PST for Outlook?
You will require a conversion software for this. And not just any software, but one which is fast, reliable, easy to use and accurate.
This made you think about looking for some free manual solution, doesn’t it? Well, it’s in human nature to go that road. But what’s the point if you are gonna travel just halfway that road and then move back to this one.
The manual method should be good if money is an issue. But the software one is better if the time and accuracy of data are valuable for you. Just read everything and then decide what’s best for you.
The Option to Move MBOX Data to PST Manually
In a manual way, what we first do is import the MBOX files into an email client called Mozilla Thunderbird. To do this you will need the ImportExportTools add-on installed in a configured Thunderbird email client. Once you import the MBOX files, follow the given procedure:
- In Thunderbird, a separate mailbox folder should appear with the same name as the imported MBOX file.
- Select all the emails inside this mailbox. If it contains subfolders then select the emails of one subfolder first.
- Now right-click on any of the selected emails and choose Save as option to save all the emails into EML format.
- Repeat the process for all sub-folders until each and every email is exported as EML file.
- Afterward, we drag and drop these EML files into MS Outlook platform. You may create a new folder to store these emails.
Sounds easy enough to perform? How about doing all of this with thousands of emails you have? Some would say that a lengthy process and time consumption is not an issue for them. Then how about taking a look in the below section.
Why Manual Way May Not be Relevant For You
With a software solution, at least there’s a guarantee that it will give you the expected results. Unfortunately, with manual ways, there are quite some limitations:
Images may appear as broken: The modern emails are not just text. They contain a variety of multimedia elements with images being the most used ones. After migration with the manual method, the images, and other graphical elements will appear broken and won’t be visible to readers.
Loss of headers & formatting: Who would want a mash of words jumbled together with no head or tail to understand. Losing formatting does exactly that. And when it comes to headers, you will find your email addresses missing. Overall, the integrity of the data is compromised.
Effort and Time: This may not seem so threatening to users at one look. But think about this, you waste 3-4 days trying to move your emails from MBOX to PST for Outlook. And in the end, you have missing emails, broken images, missing headers, and formatting issues. What was the point of wasting so much time and effort on this method then?
So you can see that however easy or cost-effective, the “free” manual solutions suffer from hidden costs. So let us help you by proving something that is affordable and saves both time and integrity of emails.
The Effective Way to Save MBOX Emails into PST formatting
If you want something that is both easy and quick and focuses on quality, then your only consideration should be SysTools MBOX to PST Converter. It can convert MBOX to PST in a matter of minutes while providing you with accurate results in the end.
Here’s how to use it:
- Launch the easy-to-use interface of MBOX Converter
- Add all the MBOX files you have
- Preview all the emails and attachments with proper formatting
- Select PST as your export target. Press the Export button.
That’s all you need to do..!!
Instead of repeating the manual method over and over again, convert the MBOX files in just 4 steps. And what will you get in return:
- Properly formatted Emails with Attachments Intact
- All the email contents, including images, videos, links appear as original
- No loss of data during email conversion
- Every bit of data integrity preserved after conversion
Finally, you can see why it is recommended to choose software solutions such as MBOX to Outlook PST Converter over manual methods. These free methods may sound tempting at first, but as you start executing them, you will realize how risk-oriented and effort-draining they are.
We have realized this stress on users and therefore have included a program that can help you with an error-free migration both at a small scale and large scale level. Just download the free trial version of the software from the original site and start converting those MBOX files.