Combining PST files in Outlook is not a difficult task, with right steps and some knowledge even a beginner can merge the multiple PST files in Outlook. But right steps does not mean only combining the Outlook data file but also checking that other files do not get disturbed. An optimal method to merge PST files is said to be which is error-free, combine all components of PST and create an PST that can easily work with any Outlook version. Outlook PST files can be merged for free if proper steps are followed.
Merge PST Files easily in Outlook by following steps
- Open MS Outlook in your computer, under the New tab click on New Items
- Now expand the menu and select More Items, move to 'Outlook Data File'
- A new window will open, select the folder and name the Outlook file
- Click on save button to store this new PST file.
- Now click on File then Open and select 'Import/ Export'
- The Import/ Export wizard will open
- Click on 'Import from Another File' and proceed next
- Now select the option 'Outlook data file (.PST)' and proceed next
- A new box will prompt, select the PST file to import
- Here choose 'do not import duplicates', also checkmark the box with 'include sub-folders'
- Proceed next and the file will be merged
So, this is the easy and free method by which multiple Outlook files can be combined in Outlook with all the data i.e. contacts, email messages, attachments, calendar, notes, tasks, and journals. The PST file created can be used by Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010. Thus, an easy and free method to merge PST in single outlook file.