Pen drive viruses are one of the most common virus types and I recently caught one on my USB drive. It is a virus that hides all the files on your drive and creates a link named Removable storage device. However, the virus is not as scary as it looks. It doesn’t delete your files or encrypt them. Instead, it generates a hidden folder and transfers all the files into that folder. Here we will show you how to remove a virus from pen drive.
Suffering from a virus attack on the computer or pen drive? In most of the cases, a virus attack can outcome in data loss on a pen drive, a memory card or other portable device. But don’t worry. Here we will show you the fast ways to recover data from a virus-infected pen drive. The USB drive or hard drive that is formatted, unrecognized or dead.
Recover Data From A Virus Infected Pen Drive by Using Command Prompt
- If you want to recover data from a virus-infected pen drive such as memory card, SD card or USB drive, you should first plug it into your laptop and get it detected.
- Press Win + R keys and type cmd hit Enter and you can open the Command Prompt window.
- Type chkdsk F: /e and hit Enter. F is the pen drive you want to recover data from virus infected pen drive, you can replace it with other drive letters according to your case.
- Type Y and click Enter to proceed.
- Type F and hit Enter. Again, F is just an example and you can replace it with the pen drive letter in your case.
- Type F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /F *.* and hit Enter. (Replace F according to your case)
- Once the recovery procedure is complete, you can head to the drive where you lose the data and you will see a new folder on it. Hit to check if users can find your virus-infected files or deleted data.
Recover Data From A Virus Infected Pen Drive by Using Trusted Software
You can recover data from a virus-infected pen drive by SysTools pen drive data recovery software. But remember one thing firstly you format your pen drive after that use this software. It has the capability to recover deleted, corrupted, and formatted data from pen drive. It is easy to use. This software can recover photos, videos, audio’s, multimedia files and folders, documents, etc. It has the capability to recover permanently deleted data by using shift+delete button. This application provides the refresh button to display all attached pen drive. This utility supports recovery software FAT, exFAT, FAT (16, 32) and NTFS formatted external storage devices.
Steps to Recover Data From A Virus Infected Pen Drive
Now we will discuss the working steps of the software
- Download and launch SysTools Pen Drive Data Recovery Software on your PC
- After that attach the virus infected pen drive to any version of Windows PC
- Now software provides two ways of data recovery first is Scan and formatted Scan you can choose any recovery option as per your requirement
- The software will list all restored folder into the left panel of application and highlight the folders which contain data
- Finally, the software provides two options of data saving first is to save selected data and second is save completed data
After performing these steps you can recover data from a virus-infected pen drive successfully.
1. Avoid using pen drive on a public computer and use it only with that system which is safe
2. It is a good idea to scan your USB drive before accessing files from it
3. Use antivirus software like AVG, Avast, McAfee, Norton, etc.
In this post, we have discussed most users query how to recover data from a virus-infected pen drive. Here we have mentioned manual method and automated pen drive recovery software. This software provides free demo version users can view their recovered data after that they decided to purchase this software. You can choose it as per your need. Now it is your turn takes decision wisely.