To achieve success, you need to hustle through the stages of life. And to hustle, you need strength and flexibility to survive. A lot of people may recommend you to spend hours in the gym or fitness studio but what if you don’t have the time for either. Now, imagine yourself doing a workout routine giving you amazing results not only physically but also mentally. All you have to do is be consistent and spare an hour every day.
Yes, yoga has the power to reconstruct you physically and mentally without spending hours on it; just an hour of practice and consistency would do wonders to yourself. If you have a hard time believing it, here are a few yoga poses to increase your flexibility and strength that are also recommended by a yoga teacher in Rishikesh:
- ArdhaPinchaMayuasana (Dolphin Pose): While performing the asana, try to stay in the pose for at least a minute. Enduring the pose will strengthen up your arms and legs. It gives a good stretch and brings flexibility to your shoulders, calves, and hamstrings. This pose has holistic benefits on the body and therefore apart from this, it relieves you from symptoms of menopause, improves digestion, relaxes your mind and releases mild depression. It is also a preventive measure for osteoporosis, treats headache, fatigue as well as insomnia.
- Astavakrasana (Eight-Angle Pose): Since this is an advanced level pose you may initially begin by holding onto the pose for 30 seconds on each side and then eventually stretch it up to 60 seconds. Practicing this pose consistently will strengthen your arms, wrists, abdominal muscles and even tones them up. Moreover, it enhances flexibility in the body, improves concentration and brings balance into the body. It alleviates the menstrual as well as menopause discomfort. It also helps in building mind and body coordination.
- Utthita Hasta Padangustasana (Extended Hand to Big Toe Pose): You need to maintain this pose for at least 20-30 seconds on each of the legs. Once you start practicing this pose, you will start feeling the strength in your legs and ankles. Apart from strengthening the body and the nervous system, this pose stretches the muscles of the leg, opens up the buttocks, and increases blood circulation. It liberates tension from the mind and body and helps you to develop focus. Since it speeds up the metabolic activity, it is also an effective pose for weight loss.
- Pasasana (Noose Pose): This pose must be performed on each side for at least 30 seconds to attain maximum benefits. It not only brings flexibility in your shoulders, neck, and back but also strengthens them up. This pose has some therapeutic effects on the body for conditions such as asthma, flatulence, indigestion, mild depression and sciatica. It massages your abdominal muscles and organs, opens up the chest cavity and stretches the thighs, groin, and spine. Regular practice of this pose will eventually enhance the body posture.
- Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (One-Legged King Pigeon Pose): You must perform this pose from each leg and maintain the pose for a minute. Staying in the pose will stretch up your arms, legs, chest, buttocks, abdominal muscles and groins. In fact, it opens up your legs and hips for their maximum rotation and allows increases the blood circulation in the body. Moreover, this pose has therapeutic effects on urinary disorders such as the overactive bladder, kidney stones, bladder diseases, ostomy, etc.
Though these are a few examples of how yoga can increase your strength and flexibility; there are several other ways yoga is beneficial for the body. To understand the same you may connect with a yoga instructor in Rishikesh or enrol for yoga courses or yoga certification in Rishikesh.