Large-sized files can be difficult to handle or work with that may slow down the performance of the system or damage your files. This case works exactly same with the offline OST in Microsft Outlook when configured with MS Exchange server. One of the most used methods to reduce the size of the OST file is by achieving the file.
Archiving of a file means storing all the data on the local machine that act as a backup. In the blog, we will be learning a way on how to archive the OST file of Outlook 2010.
Most of the user either use the in-built feature of Outlook or a third party tool available to archive their OST file data. Here let's understand the procedures to archive OST file to PST manually.
Outlook has the inbuilt Archive feature that allows users to store the emails of Outlook account on the machine. This method is also known as file backup and archive files.
These steps need to be followed to use the Archive feature in Outlook 2010:
- Start Outlook on the system.
- File Tab>click on Info> select Cleanup Tools in the Mailbox Cleanup section
- Now from the drop-down > click on Archive.
- An Archive window will appear. It will get some settings options to Archive file according to your choice.
- Select a folder, specify the date to archive the items older than the present date.
- Select the OST file by clicking on Browse.
- Click on OK to start the archiving procedure.
- After the process is finished; Go back and check the date of Archived in Folder
The above procedure works very well to archive the data but can be time-consuming if you have a very huge sized OST file, and may affect other applications by slowing down their performance.
So I want to recommend you to use OST to Outlook PST Converter Tool that will save your time and does affect your system performance while OST to PST Conversion. Other then this you get various other features to handle your Offline or PST files as well.