MS Outlook is the most common mailing platform in the present arena. It is utilized by various organizations and for personal usage as well. It supports PST (Personal Storage Table) to manage all the data inside one. However, in the earlier versions of Outlook, ANSI PST is created, which has the capacity of 2 GB only. After the UNICODE PST file came into the presence that gives 20 GB size limit and has increased its limit up to 50 GB. Unicode PST is created in Outlook 2007 and all latest editions.
As all the data is saved in PST file then, sometimes the situation arises in front of users when Outlook PST exceeds its owed size limit. It further results in data corruption and damage of data file. To avoid such kind of situations, it is important to split PST file. In the following write-up, we will discuss the way to split large PST file in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
Shoviv PST Splitter software is programmed in such a way that makes easy for the users to split large Outlook PST files into smaller parts. The application preserves the integrity of data in exact form. PST Splitter tool split large Outlook PST file without any restriction of file size. Moreover, it supports both ANSI and Unicode PST file and operable on all Windows OS.
Procedure to Split Large PST File in Outlook
If you are a common user of Microsoft Outlook then, you must know that there is no direct manual process to split PST file. Eve, there are some features in MS Outlook-like Import and Export PST. This feature is present in MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
By Import and Export
- Open Microsoft Outlook account on your machine
- Choose File option >> Account Settings >> click on ‘Account setting’
- Now, a new window will pop up, choose data files Tab >> click on the option ‘Add’
- After choosing the Add option, a new window will appear again. Choose ‘Create or Open Outlook Data File’.
- Click on ‘OK’ button after that close the window. Now again go to File Tab >> choose Open >> Import.
- When new Window of ‘Import and Export Wizard’ opens >> choose ‘Export’ option >> click ‘Next’
- Select the storage location of the .pst file as per your suitability and name it.
- One can even set a password for the new PST file if wanted.
- Click on ‘Finish’. After that, do check if the new file is stored at your location.
We can see that we can move MS Outlook mailbox items by using the features supported by Outlook itself, the method is not much reliable as well as it may lead to data loss. For splitting large size PST file, which contains data for various accounts, a third-party tool is needed. In the above discussion, we have discussed a way to split large PST file in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. Still, if you face any issue then, you can drop the comment below.