Knowing the correct procedure is important when it comes to setup Roku device using Roku.com/link. Otherwise you may get some hard times that may also turn into fatal device result for instance your Roku may get defective due to wrong wired connection.
Thus, this post will help you with complete A to Z instructions to setup and activate Roku TV using Roku setup link.
But before you move to insight, first make sure you’ve active internet connection so get Roku activation link code.
Setup Roku payer via Roku.com/link
- Connect Roku to HDMI cable and the other hand to TV. If you’re using a stick you can connect Roku stick directly to one of the available TV USB input without having to connect with HDMI extender.
- Now adjust the basic device settings such as preferred screen display, language input, network type etc.
- Next step to do is Roku wireless connection setup. Though you can connect Roku to internet using Ethernet cable but if you’re using the sticks you have to go with the wifi as sticks do not comes with an Ethernet port.
- Now wait until you see a Roku activation code on your TV screen.
- Copy this code and go to Roku.com/link. Enter the code and press the submit button. You will be required to sign in into your Roku account to complete the process. If you do not have an a/c you can create free Roku account at this step.
Get New Roku Link Activation Code
Just in case, if you can’t retrieve Roku link code or if you the code you’ve received is not working or has expired then you can follow the steps below to get new link code to activate Roku.
- Simply press the star (*) button on Roku remote. It will take you to the previous screen; now choose ‘get a new code’ option showing on your screen.
- In a few minutes you will get a new activation code.
- Copy this code and enter it to Roku setup link. Do not panic if the new Roku code is not working. You should remember that the code is cease-sensitive and you have to type it exactly as same as it was displayed on the screen.
Unable to setup my Roku device? Find the best fixes
Do not be upset if you’re having trouble to activate Roku using above procedure. You can now and fix the issue using below solutions:
- Before you get into any long procedure, first check your internet. It is mandatory to have a reliable network to link Roku with account. However, if your Roku won’t connect to internet, you can try again to connect Roku with wifi or else may call your ISP if this won’t work.
- Verify you’re entering the right code immediately after you received.
- Change browser to access Roku.com/link. This will help you if the browser you’re using to activate Roku is outdated or corrupted.
Steps are written in the simplest manner to help users get the detailed and deep insight to easily setup their device. User may get some errors while trying to activate Roku TV such as Roku error code 001. Fortunately, all such errors can be fixed by applying the fixes mentioned herein.