Cement stains or grout stains are difficult to remove from the tiles completely once they have dried out. However, we have a trick up our sleeves that will make this chore super easy for you. In this article, we'll see how you can remove cement stains from tiles using simple tricks.
Mishaps with household projects and repairs, such as cement stains on floor tiles or wall tiles, may occur from time to time. During construction, grout will quickly smear onto the tiles, hardening and leaving stains. The stain gets more difficult to remove as time passes. Fortunately, we have some methods and procedures for removing cement stains from tiles are available, returning the flooring to its original appearance.
Let's see How to remove cement stains from tiles-
- White Vinegar
- A Bucket of Water
- Flathead Scraper
- Scrubbing Pad
- Soft Rag
- Protective gear (gloves, glasses, face shield)
How to Clean Cement from Tiles??
- First, you should gear up, make sure that you are wearing all the protective gear i.e., gloves, glasses, face shield.
- In a large bowl, pour a generous amount of vinegar.
- In the cowl, place a clean rag to soak up the vinegar. Lay the rag on the whole cement stain after it has been soaked in vinegar.
- Allow the vinegar to soak into the cement for 2 hours by leaving the rag on the stain. The acid in vinegar is usually strong enough to dissolve the bond between the cement and the tile. Also, vinegar may get evaporated, so reapply it to the affected area by soaking the rag.
- Scrub the stain with a scouring pad after removing the cloth. If the cement has already hardened, scrape it with a flathead scrapper.
- Repeat the procedure until all of the cement has been removed.
- Now take a bucket full of water and dampen a sponge in water, and rinse the area with the sponge.
- If there is some residue left, wash the tile with liquid dish detergent and water, using the sponge to scrub the tile.
- Rinse the tile once more with water and pat dry with a clean towel.
If the stains are stubborn, here's how you should proceed-
- When attempting to strip stubborn cement stains from tiles, the first step is to clean away as much cement debris as possible with a scraper.
- Apply a small amount of phosphoric acid to the stained region. Be certain that you are following all safety protocols.
- Once the grip of the stain loosens, wipe it clean with a scrub.
- Rinse the area properly using liquid detergent and water.
If there is still some residue left, you can follow the previous steps again.
Before we wrap this piece, we would like to say that make sure to keep some extra tiles that you are using in case some of your tiles crack up in the future. Also, buy your tiles from reputed tile manufacturing companies like AGL Tiles so that you can find similar tile in the nearby future.
Now that we've covered everything you need to know about cleaning cement stains from tiles, both light and stubborn, it's time to wrap up this article. If you have any comments or suggestions about this column, please leave them in the comments section below. We'd love to hear from you.