Do you have tried every diet option and exercised yourself to lose weight into submission but you’re still not losing any weight. If you’re facing an overweight obesity problem, bariatric surgery just maybe what the doctor ordered. And our bariatric surgery corpus Christi doctor will help you to find out the better option for you.
The two most common weight-loss surgeries are Better weigh center gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.
According to a Bariatric surgeon, for an average patient with severe obesity, both surgeries are good options since they are relatively similar. But there are some considerations that might tip the scales (pun intended) in favor of one over another.
Now the main thing is how to decide which weight loss surgery is best for you? Here are some points for you to find out better options for you.
Bariatric surgery options
You are qualified for bariatric medical surgery if your weight list (BMI) is:
- 40 or higher.
- Somewhere in the range of 35 and 40, and you have diabetes, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, greasy liver infection, or rest apnea.
- Somewhere in the range of 30 and 35, and you have uncontrolled diabetes.
Gastric bypass surgery
- Individuals with extreme reflux illness: Acid reflux regularly improves after gastric bypass surgery.
- Individuals with high BMIs: People lose more weight with a gastric detour.
- Individuals with diabetes: While gastric detour is commonly better for these patients. In patients with serious diabetes, it doesn't make a difference whether we do a detour or a sleeve. The two strategies are likewise viable.
Sleeve gastrectomy surgery
- People who have had multiple abdominal surgeries:
- High-risk surgical patients:
- People who weigh more than 450 to 500 pounds:
- People on multiple medications to treat psychiatric illness:
- People with severe obesity.
- People with severe metabolic disease.
- Patients who following their doctor’s orders seriously.
I hope these points will help you to choose the right option of bariatric surgery corpus Christi. We are always here to assist you.