In recent years, more Indians are becoming aware of the advantages of using an air cooler instead of air conditioning systems for indoor and even outdoor spaces. However, when it comes to centralised cooling, most people are still unaware of options they can avail as an alternative to centralised AC systems.
For instance, commercial air coolers can help to cool large spaces easily. Additionally, you can also get a centralised duct system with large capacity coolers instead of central air conditioners to cool the interiors effectively.
Following is a comparison of central air cooling system and centralised AC system to assist you in choosing the best one to fulfil your needs.
Advantages of central air cooling systems:
There are several advantages of getting an industrial air cooler for departmental stores, theatres, shopping complexes, etc. over central air conditioning.
Some of them include-
- Air cooling systems consume less than a quarter of the energy required by air conditioning systems. With nominal electricity consumption, you can save a lot on your electricity bills with an air cooling system as compared to air conditioning system.
- There is no need for an area to be enclosed for a cooler to work properly. With ACs, the door and windows need to be kept shut at all times to make sure air is trapped inside. But with an air cooling system, you can keep your doors and windows open at all times, facilitating proper ventilation.
- ACs require refrigerants for cooling which emit HFC, a greenhouse gas that contributes to global warming. Therefore, air conditioning systems are not particularly good for the environment. Commercial air coolers, alternatively, are eco-friendly and do not emit any greenhouse gasses.
- Air cooling systems can run effectively on small generators, which can be helpful in case of a power breakdown. Centralised air conditioners require powerful generator backups in case of power cuts.
- The cost of setting up an air cooling system is much lower than that of an air conditioning system. Additionally, maintenance cost of an air cooling system is also much lower than that of a centralised air conditioner.
Advantages of a centralised air conditioning system:
Following are a few advantages that central AC systems have over commercial air coolers:
- Central AC helps to circulate air effectively throughout the entirety of a space.
- It aids in noise reduction. Central air conditioners produce imperceptible noise, which is extremely useful in spaces like hospitals, movie theatres, etc.
- These units come with a dual function of heating and cooling. You can, therefore, use it to regulate the temperature inside a space according to your requirements.
Thus, an air cooler has several advantages over air condition when it comes to cooling an indoor space. However, it is up to you to get the one best suited for your needs. Make sure you learn more about each system to make sure that you avail the best option for yourself.
Also, if you end up with an air cooling system, compare the different make and models available in the market to get the best one for yourself.