Google Drive and OneDrive are the best cloud storage services provided by tech giants like Google and Microsoft respectively. Both provide the user with the storage of data in the cloud with many security features. However, due to some personal or professional reasons, users will have a tendency to migrate data from Google Drive to OneDrive account. This guide will cover manual and automated ways to transfer files from Google Drive to Onedrive, so keep reading and move each file according to the methods below.
Manual Approach to Copy Data from Google Drive to OneDrive
There are two different methods by which one can perform migration G Drive files to OneDrive for free. Users can choose any solutions as per their requirement.
Approach 1: Use Google Takeout Feature
This method is not applicable to ‘OneDrive for Business’ users. This is just for normal Microsoft users so that they can transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive.
- Start Google takeout and click Control Your Content section by scrolling down a webpage.
- Hit on Sign In button and enter Google Drive ID and password for logging into the account.
- The list of options will display in which you must have to click on the Create Archive.
- After that, navigate to Select All button and Enable the G Drive option.
- Proceed further with the process to move files between Google Drive and OneDrive by clicking Next button
- Now, you have to expand the Delivery Method and choose Add to OneDrive from the displayed list
- Select an option Link Account and Create Archive to save Google Docs to Microsoft OneDrive
- A Microsoft page will appear where you need to mention OneDrive email address and then, press Next.
Note: No need to define ‘OneDrive for Business’ ID because this method will not accept this email address.
- You need to mention OneDrive account password and click on Sign In to download files in OneDrive.
- The process to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive will get started. This may take much time to finish the task because it is dependent on the amount of data to be exported.
- Login into the OneDrive account by entering all the credentials on its official page.
- Download the ZIP file, which is now created in OneDrive account and proceed.
- Extract all files from this ZIP and drag them all in your OneDrive account page. This will finally migrate files from Google Drive to OneDrive account.
Limitations of Manual Approach
- If the downloading of the .zip file will get interrupted in between then, you are not able to resume the entire procedure.
- You have to check that there is a high-speed internet connection throughout the ZIP file downloading. If any issue occurs then, you will have to pay high.
Approach 2: Using Third-party Solution
To overcome the drawbacks of manual approach, you have to take the help of a reliable third-party tool. One such application is G Drive to OneDrive Migration Tool. It is a powerful method that helps to copy data from Google Drive to OneDrive without any risk or data loss. Here are the following steps to perform migration from Google Drive to OneDrive:
- Launch the software and then, click Browse button to add CSV file in which Google Drive & OneDrive email addresses are saved.
- Both source and destination email IDs get loaded in tool where you need to click Next to continue.
- Click on the Add Scopes link as shown on the screen. Then, you have to add scopes in Google Drive for a successful migration.
- After adding all the scopes, click on the Login button to migrate data from Google Drive to OneDrive.
- If necessary then, you can customize the data to be transferred from G Drive to OneDrive account. Use all the filter options shown in the current pane and click the Export option
- Now, you have to enter all credentials of targeted OneDrive and open Google Drive to OneDrive migration tool to access that account. This permission is preferred only for copying files in OneDrive.
- At last, the export process gets started whose live report can be viewed. Once the process is completed, the migrator will display a notification box in which you have to click OK button to proceed.
Time to Conclude
In this blog, we have come up with a manual and automated solution to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive. To carry out the procedure without any trouble, the user can make use of an automated solution. With Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator, the user can copy data from Google Drive to OneDrive account in just a few clicks.