Microsoft Outlook is a well-acclaimed email client application that serves to fulfill the need for business as well as personal use. It is popularly known for its phenomenal features which helps its users to manage email communications efficiently and better than any other application all over the world. This highly-efficient application also serves as a Personal Information Manager (PIM). However, competent the Microsoft Outlook is, at times it encounters unexpected issues.
Most of the time, the unexpected problem arises due to corrupt or damaged PST files. Make certain that you are fully aware of a few important tips and tricks on how to repair corrupt PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
A Few Important Tips to Repair Corrupt PST File in Outlook
The user will encounter a problem while using the Outlook due to several reasons and it becomes inaccessible to operate it smoothly. One of the most common reasons why a user faces a problem while using Outlook is because of the PST files. With a little guidance and learning a few useful tips, the user can learn how to repair the corrupt or damaged PST files in Outlook. The user just needs to fix the corrupt files through the Control Panel.
Below we have mentioned a few steps on fixing the corrupt files:
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Then click on ‘Programs’ and opt for the features and program options.
- Look for Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, 2010 from the mentioned programs.
- Open the ‘Change’ option.
- Select from ‘Quick Repair’ or ‘Online Repair option’.
- Now follow the instructions carefully when asked by the prompts options.
If the user encounters an unusual behavior of Outlook while operating it, then you can follow the above steps and solve your problem. Even after performing the steps, you are unable to fix the problem, and then you can repair the corrupt PST files by using the Inbox repair tool or scanpst.exe
Note: The inbox repair tool will not work on high-level corruption files or if there is any serious problem with the PST files.
Learn How to Repair the Corrupt PST Files in Outlook by Using the Manual Method
We have mentioned how you can repair the corrupt Outlook PST files with all the versions in the above section. Now, let us find out how to fix a corrupt PST file of Outlook by using the manual method.
- Start your MS Outlook and open the ‘Help Menu’.
- Then click on ‘Office Diagnostics’.
- Now, start the diagnostic process and follow the instructions.
We have mentioned how you can fix the corrupt PST files in the Outlook application and now let us find out the reasons because of which the Outlook shows an unexpected behavior.
What Are The Possible Reasons For An Error While Using The Outlook?
Ensure that you find out the root cause of the error as you will face problems while using the Outlook. We will discuss below the possible reasons behind the errors while you use Outlook:
- Your hard disk might contain bad sectors and result in corrupting the hard disk with PST files stored in the bad sectors. This might be the reason why you are unable to access the Outlook as it cannot recognize the PST files.
- The other possible reason could be because of the device attached to the system such as hubs, routers, and network cables.
- Another reason for PST files getting corrupted is because they are overwritten by infected software. In such a case, the antivirus can also hinder the performance of the Outlook.
What are the Factors that can corrupt an Outlook Data File?
We should ensure that Outlook works without an issue and work efficiently to maintain a communication flow. Beneath, are a few reasons why an Outlook PST files get corrupted:
- Virus/Malware programs
- Oversized Outlook Data file
- Infected Software Applications
- Power shutdown of Outlook
We can avoid several factors that lead to corrupting the Outlook PST files by following the Outlook Management best practices. Just make certain that you consider the above factors which can possibly corrupt your PST files.
A Quick Guide to Repair PST File in Outlook
Most of the organizations irrespective of their size use Outlook as the system administrator. Just ensure that you repair your Outlook data files on a regular basis. In some cases, the user can fix the problem by opting for the manual solution.
If your PST files are severely corrupted and you are unable to fix the problem by applying the manual solution, then don’t worry as you can still fix the problem by using KDETools Software. This tool is highly efficient and repairs the corrupted PST files in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and etc. The user can facilitate a new PST file which can be saved at the desired location by using the software in no time. Below we have discussed a few important features included in KDETools Outlook Recovery Software:
- The software recovers deleted items in an Outlook PST file.
- It recovers the PST file items such as contacts, tasks, notes, journals, and emails.
- The tool recovers data from password-protected and highly encrypted PST files.
- The user can export the selected data to a new PST file.
To use Outlook smoothly, ensure that your PST files remain in a healthy state so it is advisable to repair and back up the files at a regular interval of time. Otherwise, the user will face issues while using Outlook. You will find a wide range of possible reasons for corrupting the PST files, however, after reading the blog, you can fix the problem.
This blog entails the details on how to fix the PST files which get corrupted. If you are looking for a solution to fix the problem, then read the blog and discover how to fix the corrupt PST files without losing even a single item. Make sure that you read the blog thoroughly to find out a safe approach.