Dragon, the speech recognition software gives complete access to the users and complete text control in browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. You can install the software in the system and with the help of microphones command the system to open different websites, make excel sheets, word documents or perform other tasks and that too with your voice. Moving further, this blog presumes that you have already installed the software in your system and are now looking forward to update it. To update Dragon Naturally Speaking, you need to implement a few steps shared below. However, if you come across any issue and require technical assistance, then the connoisseurs are available at the Nuance dragon tollfree number Portal on a twenty-four hourly basis.
Moving with updating Dragon Naturally Speaking
To enable a software update in the Dragon, you can proceed through three different ways.
- First one is by ‘notification in the system tray.’
- Second is by ‘Manual check in the Dragon Bar>Help>Check for updates.’
- Lastly, when attempting for the new installation, the software asks you to ‘check for updates when setup is finished.’
Before beginning with the updates, check those following things are done:
- End all the running applications/programs in the system
- Close Microsoft Office and the web browser
- Close Dragon Naturally Speaking. To do the same, click on ‘Dragon Bar’> Exit Dragon. Do not forget this step.
Installing updates through the notification message
- Click on the notification window message in the system tray.
- A tab indicating the Software Manager updates will appear.
- Click on the update shown and then further click on ‘Read More.’
- It is beneficiary to read the article thoroughly so as to have an idea of what new updates are introduced. This will display general information for the updates, which is a must-read.
- Once done, click on the exit icon and move back to the Software Manager Window
- Put a tick mark near the ‘Software Update.’
- Now, click on ‘Download Only’ button at the bottom. Do not click on Install.
- The process can take a few minutes, based on your internet connection speed.
- Once it is complete, you will receive a notification from the ‘Software Manager.’
- Click on Finish
- Go to the Download folder and then double click on the Dragon File Extension to launch the upgrade wizard.
- Choose the language for installation and then click on ‘Okay.’
- This will start the installation process. Wait till it is finished.
- A new window will appear. Click on ‘Update.’
- When the installation is finished, the window wizard will confirm the process.
- Click ‘Finish’ to exit
- You have now successfully updated the software.
If you want to update Dragon by using the other two steps, then it is advised to take guidance from the professional experts at Nuance dragon support by reaching them through their toll-free number.
Read more: Nuance dragon customer support
Source URL: How to update Dragon Naturally Speaking