Both IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are widely used email clients around the globe. Lotus Notes stores all its mailbox data in NSF (Notes Storage Facility) file format and Microsoft Outlook supports the PST (Personal Storage Table) format to store all its data. There are numerous reasons for which users want to export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST format. MS Outlook provides some amazing features that attract users. Previously, it was a challenging task to convert Lotus Notes to PST but now has become quite easy. We will discuss here some of the recommended strategies to easily perform the NSF to PST Conversion.
Benefits to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
There are various reasons because of which users need to Convert Lotus Notes to PST format. We have mentioned some of the reasons here for Lotus Notes to Outlook migration.
The outlook program is much cost-effective in comparison to the Lotus Notes.
Users can configure multiple accounts simultaneously in Outlook.
Job switching might be another reason as the other working place may use the MS Outlook email client.
Microsoft Outlook application is more user-friendly than the Lotus Notes.
Outlook offers a smooth user-friendly GUI.
These are a few reasons to convert NSF to PST format online. Now we will proceed to the Lotus Notes to Outlook migration methods. We will be discussing both the manual as well as the third-party professional Lotus Notes to Outlook converter.
Manual Methods to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
Here we have described the manual steps to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. However, by performing these manual steps, there can be several limitations and risks. So, it is suggested for users to create a copy of the original data before starting the Lotus Notes to Outlook migration.
For a better understanding of users, we have divided the process into two steps.
- Export NSF Files to CSV
- Convert CSV to PST Format
Step 1: Export NSF Files to CSV
- Launch the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on the Open button and choose Lotus Notes application.
- In the Open application window, hit the browse button to select NSF files to export.
- Now in the File menu, choose the Export option.
- Enter the file name, the saving type, and the location of the file in the export dialog box.
- Choose the comma-separated value format.
- In the CSV export dialog box, select the options at your convenience.
- The data will get saved in the location defined.
Step 2: Import CSV File into Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook
- Open File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Select the Import/Export option.
- In the import/export wizard window, click on import from another program or file.
- Choose file type as comma-separated values.
- Click on the browse button to select the CSV file path.
- Select the location where you want to save the file exported.
- In the import file dialog box, check on the checkbox.
- All the CSV files are now imported to MS Outlook.
More time-taking process.
There is a continuous risk of data loss.
Exporting selective NSF files is not possible.
Batch conversion is not possible.
Professional Method to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook
As an alternative to the manual approach to convert Lotus Notes to PST, users can also use the advanced DRS NSF to PST Converter tool. The software is designed and developed on a smooth user-friendly GUI. Users can easily convert NSF to PST, MBOX, MSG, EML, OST, CSV, HTML, Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Thunderbird, Live Exchange, Office 365, etc. There is no technical knowledge needed to run the utility. Also, users have an option to download the demo version for a free performance evaluation of the utility.
Easily exports Lotus Notes mailbox items such as email messages, calendars, contacts, etc to MS Outlook.
Convert Lotus Notes to PST, MSG, OST, CSV, MBOX, HTML, Gmail, Hotmail, IMAP, Office 365, etc.
Batch conversion can easily be performed.
Provides Search, date filter, and preview options.
Capable of removing encryption from Lotus Notes emails.
Convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes installation required.
It provides saving DocLink and Internet header options.
No file size restrictions.
Smooth user-friendly GUI.
The Demo version of the NSF to PST Converter is also available for a free evaluation.
We have discussed two recommended methods above to export Lotus Notes to Outlook. But also, we have seen that with the manual technique of conversion, there come several limitations as well. This might be harmful to important data. So, it is suggested to use the well known and trusted automated NSF to PST Converter online which provides a quick and hassle-free conversion.